How do you use the Ingest

Started by cthomas, May 03, 2017, 11:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I have about 10 images in my ingest folder. Now how do I get these ten images into IMatch? And is there away that the ingest folder can be set up so it will automatically load more images?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

Quote from: cthomas on May 03, 2017, 11:54:49 PM
I have about 10 images in my ingest folder. Now how do I get these ten images into IMatch? And is there away that the ingest folder can be set up so it will automatically load more images?

Add your ingest folder to your IMatch database (Commands/Add or Update Folders...). The images will immediately show up in your database. Then you can use the methods I discussed in https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=6496.msg44965#msg44965.

IMatch doesn't have an automatic method to copy images from a camera card, but regular Windows copy/paste methods work pretty well. (Some people use specialized photo import programs like Downloader Pro, but I don't have any experience with these.) Once you have your ingest folder set up in your IMatch database, any images you copy into it will be included in your IMatch database.
John