"This file is currently updating" Help please

Started by Gregstah, May 18, 2017, 07:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregstah

Hi, I regularly open up folders seeing the little "refresh" circle in the left with "this file is currently updating. The problem with this is it does not allow me to bookmark and in fact hampers productivity terribly.
I have one folder up now that doesn't seem to be changing this status even after hours...

Is there a way to pre-update or to outright disable this unless I need to ... 

Thank you so much.

Greg.

Mario

IMatch performs an update like this if detects that a file has been changed on disk.
Usually this just works and you won't barely notice it.

Does IMatch report any problems in the log file? See: "log file" in the IMatch help index for details, and Help menu > Support > View Application log file.

Maybe the files are locked by another application and IMatch cannot access them?

Another potential reason is damaged or corrupted metadata in these files, which somehow breaks ExifTool.

The log file will contain additional info in all cases.
Attach it (zipped) so we can have a look.

Did you try to select the files and do a <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F>? In the dialog choose "Normal Rescan". If this does not work, choose "Forced Rescan".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gregstah

Hi Mario, thank you for getting back to me. Interestingly enough Shift+Ctrl+F did nothing but right clicking the menu and choosing rescan did. I didn't think of doing this because nothing has changed (that I know of). Also with regards to another program locking the files there wasn't anything else running.

I can't believe I didn't try rescan in the first place... duh! Seems to be working now.

Thank you so much!

G

Mario

I meant <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5>, sorry. Typing mobile ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook