Print templates, metadata presets, batch image settings not migrating with 2017

Started by jonz, May 31, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonz

I a lot of custom settings that don't seem to have migrated. In "preferences" my presets folder (in the new version) points to the previous version (5.5) folder. I've never been clear where the print module puts its templates, but none of my custom templates are there anymore.

Mario

If the folders are the same as before in preferences, IMatch 2017 will use the same files.
Personal print templates are stored in %USERDATA%\photools.com\imatch5. You can open the folder directly from the D&P template browser. Right click one of your custom templates in IMatch 5 to locate the folder in Windows Explorer. IMatch copies this folder hierarchy also into %USERDATA%\photools.com\imatch6.

Please attach me the IMATCH_LOG_MIGRATION.txt from the TEMP folder on your system. See "log file" in the IMatch help for more information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jonz

Something isn't working properly here, I'm attaching the log file. I see both a IMatch5 and and IMatch6 directory in the ProgramData/phototools.com/ folder but the preset files have not been copied in the print subdirectory.

Mario

The migration log shows

Not %PROGRAMDATA% (all users data) but %APPDATA% (per user data).

MIR: Copy files from C:\Users\Jonz\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5\printing to C:\Users\Jonz\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch6\printing
MIR: Copying file C:\Users\Jonz\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5\printing\8x11 shutterfly calendar.imptx to C:\Users\Jonz\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch6\printing\8x11 shutterfly calendar.imptx
MIR: Copying file C:\Users\Jonz\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5\printing\8x11 shutterfly calendar.jpg to C:\Users\Jonz\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch6\printing\8x11 shutterfly calendar.jpg

So IMatch found one custom print template in the specified folder. Does the file exist in the specified location?
Even if IMatch 2017 is still using the IMatch 5 folders, it should still find the file in its original location.

Or did IMatch miss copying some files?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jonz

I guess I don't see what's going on, because it looks like I have 39 *.imptx files in ProgramData\phototools.com\IMatch5\printing which look like my custom templates (I moved one over manually and IMatch 6 is happily using it).

You are right that there is an entry in the Roaming directory, with only that one template there.

It's not clear to me where these different locations are being picked up from. For instance, I have the preferences set to a completely different location, that seems to be ignored. Maybe a printing template is not a preset?

It looks like other templates are missing too, like metadata templates that I used in the metadata browser. Something seems crossed up.

Mario

C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch6\printing

stores your personal templates. When you save a template for "Only Me", it goes here.

Templates included with IMatch (for all users) are stored in

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\printing

IMatch 2017 is supposed to copy templates from both folders to the corresponding IMatch6 folder hierarchy. Need to check that. It seems on your system, IMatch2017 only migrates %APPDATA% templates but not %PROGRAMDATA%.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator