Favourite App Issues

Started by ben, July 17, 2017, 11:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi Mario,

i am trying to run my python scripts from the favourites panel and experienced some unexpected behaviour.

I created different shortcuts for testing and added them:
  1) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "D:\iMatch_MyNomenclature.txt"
  2) "<pathToPython\python.exe>" "<myFile.py>"
  3) a batch file with the content of (2)
      a shortcut to the batch file

Issues:
1) The configured icon (right click on favourite item -> properties) is not shown for any of the 3 shortcuts
2) Shortcut #2 won't start the python script. Instead, the python interpreter window pops up and closes immediately -> No error message in the debug-log file
    Shortcut #3 starts the python script correctly.

Ben

Mario

It is not clear from your post. Do none of these Favorites show the configured icon? Note that for applications, IMatch always uses the official application icon for shortcuts.
2. What kind of Favorites should this be? A path to a command line executable? This probably will not work, at least you'll need to run cmd.exe. Or a batch file, which sets up the environment before you launch the Python interpreter and run the program  -like 3.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

QuoteIt is not clear from your post. Do none of these Favorites show their configured icon?
I have other favourites, e.g. metadata templates, that do show the custom icon.
Non of the three shortcuts described show any icon, though -> not the configured icon one and not a system default icon

QuoteWhat kind of Favorites should this be? A path to a command line executable? This probably will not work, at least you'll need to run cmd.exe.
That's how you call the python interpreter, no cmd.exe necessary.
All of the three mentioned shortcuts work when i double click them in the windows file explorer.

Mario

Applications always use the application icon, not custom icons.

If 3 works, stick to it. I'm currently maxed out and I have no time to try to figure out why your 2nd approach does not work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook