Filtered Data Driven Category & Hierarchies

Started by Darius1968, July 23, 2017, 05:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I created a data driven category, based on my HD folder structure, and then I entered this string, "Varius;Wu's" into the "Filter" text field, so that only folders containing either, "Varius" or "Wu's" would be found.  This way, there are 25 findings.  So far, so good.  This is without enabling "detect hierarchies".  Now, for the case of enabling "detect hierarchies":  Still, all of the files that should be found are.  However, in this case, IMatch doesn't enumerate the hierarchical structure, as it would, if there were no filter in place. 
What is the proper syntax of the entry into the filter field, or what must I do to get full enumeration of the tree structure? 

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Maybe, some screen shots of how I'm configuring the said data driven category, with the results I'm getting might help:

Case I:
Here, "01.gif" says that I have a data driven category, based on the Photools Folder Name Tag, with "Detect Hierarchies" set to "No", and "Varius;Wu's" entered for the "Filter Pattern" of "Replace and Filter". 

"01-1.gif" shows "25 elements created" for my directory structure on my hard drive, in the presence of the "Varius;Wu's" filter.  Notice, the full path for each of the 25 folders is enumerated. 

Case II:
Here, "02.gif" says that I have a data driven category, based on the Photools Folder Name Tag, with "Detect Hierarchies" set to "Yes", and "Varius;Wu's" entered for the "Filter Pattern" of "Replace and Filter". 

"02-1.gif" shows "4 elements created" for my directory structure on my hard drive, in the presence of the "Varius;Wu's" filter.  Notice, now, that I have enabled "Detect Hierarchies", the full path for each of the resulting folders isn't enumerated!  How can I make it so that I have a result, depicted in "01-1.gif", the only difference being that the output is hierarchical, apart from 25 discrete directories? 

Mario

Detect hierarchies means splitting the values by the specified separator. Each value is then filtered by your filter and only the values passing your filter are used for the data-driven category. So the outcome is correct. You cannot break your folder names into individual elements and then later re-combine them to the original value.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook