MWG Regions and iMatch 5

Started by jburr827, August 26, 2013, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburr827

Regarding this being a feature request, I would be interested in what others are doing - there may be a better way to do this already.

With iMatch 3.x, I manually went through each image and used IPTC to update the Caption-Abstract with information regarding who was in the picture (e.g. Pictured left to right: John Smith; Mary Smith). With the move to iMatch 5.x, I would like to improve upon this laborious process and have currently taken to using Picasa to do some face recognition and then write the values to the MWG Regions tag area.

Is there any way to have iMatch 5 recognize these regions such that when I view the image I could optionally dispaly the regions and labels? Currently, I can see the information in the metadata and have created a data-driven Category to locate images containing specified individuals but there isn't a way to actually open the image and display the regions/labels so you could actually see who is who.

Thanks,

John

jch2103

Quote from: jburr827 on August 26, 2013, 06:19:38 PM
Is there any way to have iMatch 5 recognize these regions such that when I view the image I could optionally dispaly the regions and labels? Currently, I can see the information in the metadata and have created a data-driven Category to locate images containing specified individuals but there isn't a way to actually open the image and display the regions/labels so you could actually see who is who.
I'm not aware of any built-in method in IMatch that would do this. I suspect it's something that could be done relatively easily in an IMatch App, but I haven't ventured very far into those. Perhaps some other user would have more expertise and interest in doing this.
John

Mario

This is on my long-term to-do list.
The general plan is to convert MWG regions into Annotation objects which then can be viewed and used in the Viewer, viewed Quick View, in the Annotation Collections and all other Annotation-related features in IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jburr827

Mario,

Fantastic  - that is great to hear and something I will look for down the road. At the very least, knowing it may be included functionality at some point helps to justify the mountain of work I am climbing now to make the transition from captioning to using MWG regions.

I greatly appreciate the update - keep up the good work!

John

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook