Server version or how to work from different computers (and Travel mode)?

Started by RobiWan, November 04, 2017, 11:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hi,

I will switch from my Capture One catalog to "maybe" iMatch. But I have some question to witch I found no answers

1. How do I can save iMatch databases on my NAS that I can access it from different computers (I'm alone but use different machines, like Desktop, Laptop)
1.1 Is it possible to run iMatch as virtual machine on XenServer or Hyper-V Host and so connect to the databases from desktop and laptop?

2. I'm shot only RAW pictures and very rare convert my Photos into JPEG. Best Photos after editing in C1 I convert in PSD for further processing in Photoshop. So I would like to have a one Catalog at Home and if go to traveling create a new catalog on my Laptop that I can give the new photos stare rating, colormarks, keywords....
After I'm back at home will import my laptop catalog into my home catalog. Is this possible?
/I've read something somewhere but that does not seem right to me because I want to work on different computers and save the database on NAS or if possible run my 'Server iMatch' as virtual machine  /

Robert

Mario

1. You can create your database on your NAS. IMatch does not care, as long as Windows can access the database.

Please note that performance will suffer - NAS boxes are usually 10-100 times slower than a local hard disk or SSD.
IMatch is basically a database server and very I/O intensive. Pulling data over a network instead from a local SSD will make IMatch much slower. Not a good idea unless you have a very potent pro-grade NAS and a very fast network.

See IMatch and NAS Systems (Network-Attached Storage) in the IMatch knowledgebase.

If you want to browse your IMatch database remotely, I recommend looking at IMatch Anywhereâ„¢.

1.1 You cannot run a software as a virtual machine. You can run Windows in a virtual machine and then run IMatch on that Windows instance.

2., See Traveling with IMatch in the IMatch help system.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook