Who has a File Window Tip setup for Audio files?

Started by ubacher, November 05, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

If someone has set up a file window tip for Audio (mp3) files please share.
File window layout also.
I am working on setting up my audio files in Imatch (separate db).
Any advice welcome.

loweskid

The file tip I have displays only {File.Duration} and {File.Duration.HMS}

The rest of the layout is set up for image files which displays the file name at the top, so it's the same for audio files.  I have my audio files in folders by \Artist\Album\Tracks, so I don't need to display any of that information as I already know it by the file locations.

I have VLC Media Player in the Application Favourites panel so I can just drag a load of files onto it and away we go.

zematima

Hi:
This is mine.
Regards,
JRosa.

ubacher

zematima: could you export your file windows layout and post it here please.
Go to Edit Layouts and then export to produce a .imfwl file.
( I like the layout - never thought of doing it this way - I set up a tabular form - which, however, does not
give me the option to see the file window tips.)

Mario

Tabular layouts show file window tips - if you include the thumbnail. Move the mouse cursor in the upper right corner of the thumbnail.
If you include the icons, the tips shows for the thumbnail (see above) and also the (I) icon.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

QuoteMove the mouse cursor in the upper right corner of the thumbnail.
Thanks - expected to need the (i) icon to get the tips.

Any comments about the metadata of audio files? Seems they are quite messy too.

Mario

The only 'standard' for audio metadata is the ID3 metadata used for MP3 files.
But there are several (incompatible) versions of this, and often it is incomplete or broken.

IMatch tries to work against that by mapping providing meta tags like id3title which are formed by checking several ID tags to get the best (or at least, one) value.
For id3title, IMatch looks at:

ID3::v2_4\TIT2\Title
ID3::v2_3\TIT2\Title
ID3::v2_2\TT2\Title
ID3::v1\3\Title

for example...

As explained in the documentation, I recommend to stick to the standard MP3 tags provided by IMatch for best results. See "short codes" in the IMatch help and the "Standard" tag in the Tag Selector dialog.

If you know precisely which ID3 version your files use and how the tags are filled, you can access specific MP3 tags via standard IMatch tag syntax of course.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

zematima

Hi:
Here is the file.
As I have all the information I need here I don't use the info.(for now ...)
The 0 (zero)  you see in purple counts the keywords if any (and changes the color when it has keywords)
Best regards,
JRosa.