New App: App Translator

Started by Mario, December 03, 2017, 08:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

IMatch Apps can be translated into other languages by editing text files in JSON format. This is usually done via a text editor.

To make this simpler for the people already helping with translating Apps (Thanks, Mees!) and for users who may want to help (YOU?) I have today written an App Translator App.

After selecting the /res folder of the app you want to translate and the language you want to translate into, the app displays all translatable resources in a list at the top.
Below that you see the 'default' text (English) and you type in the corresponding word/text in the translation language.
That's all there is to it.

It's not super luxurious but it gets the job done quickly. And since it runs in Chrome (and even in your separate web browser) you can rely on your spell checker etc.

This is how it looks (amazing what can be done with IMatch apps  8) ;)

Click to zoom:

If you ever wanted to see your favorite app in your language, this app will make this very easy.
Just send me the resource file you have created afterwards and I will include it in IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook