Where is Metadata Filter?

Started by RobiWan, December 16, 2017, 10:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hi,

I'm sorry for my stupid question but I will search all photos that have a specific Author and change this or I will search all photos that don't have copyright notice.
Help tell - user "metadata Filer" - fine but where is this panel?

Other Tip from Help system is use value filter. I can select in Pull-down menu "Author" as example and see all authors in all images and how many photos have this author set. But I can't tell IMatch "I will see only photos with this value".

RobiWan

OK I have found "metadata search" but still I do not know how to select something with it :(

JohnZeman

Quote from: RobiWan on December 16, 2017, 10:30:07 PM
Other Tip from Help system is use value filter. I can select in Pull-down menu "Author" as example and see all authors in all images and how many photos have this author set. But I can't tell IMatch "I will see only photos with this value".

I use the value filter for this and you can see all photos with specific values or missing values.

Below is an example of all photos in my database that were taken by my daughter Julie.

The second screen shot shows all photos in my database that do not have an author.

RobiWan

But how I can activate it?

First I click on "categories" and then on @All so I can see all photos.
Then I select value filter and author like screenshot, but nothing happens. I always see all photos. I do not have this checkbox from your screenshot

EDIT

I'm sorry - eyes open - I foud it yet :D

JohnZeman

Ok, it works for you now then?  I was going to say you also need to check the box next to the Value Filter name.

RobiWan

Thank you John. Yes it work after I "found" the check box :D

Robert

RobiWan

Is there possible to find photos that are "not copyrighted"? Also that the check box "copyrighted" is not set?

Jingo

Look for the "invert" option in the filter panel...  ;D

RobiWan

Nope.

I mean this check box "copyrighted" and not "Copyright" see screenshot

JohnZeman

Quote from: RobiWan on December 16, 2017, 11:31:16 PM
Is there possible to find photos that are "not copyrighted"? Also that the check box "copyrighted" is not set?

Look at my second screen shot which shows photos without an author.  Set the tag to copyright, then check "Files with Value" then as Jingo said, invert the filter.

EDIT:  Didn't see your last post.  What tag are you using for copyrighted?  (Put your mouse cursor over the word copyrighted and in a second or two it should show you the name of the tag.

RobiWan

Maybe my filter is wrong or we are talking about different things

Here a example - I have from first photo unchecked the "copyrighted" check box, second screenshot is my filter

JohnZeman

See attached image

RobiWan

Not working here

JohnZeman

Are you sure?  The blue title bar in the file window means the filter is on and that no files meet your filter.

RobiWan

JohnZeman

You are filtering for copyright but up above in another screen shot from you it looks like you want to search the copyrighted tag.

Either way, you need to know exactly which tag you are filtering, the label is only a label, it doesn't show which tag you want to filter.

RobiWan

I know and have asked for filter "copyrighted". I mean there is no filter and not possible to search for "copyrighted"

JohnZeman

When you put your mouse cursor over the word copyrighted for a couple seconds do you see a little popup message?  If so exactly what does that message say?

RobiWan

Do you mean this here?

JohnZeman

Yes!  That is the tag you need to put in the filter so you can see the files that are (or are not) copyrighted.

I included a screen shot of how it looks in my IMatch database.

Why you have Copyright and Copyrighted in your metadata I do not understand but to search for copyrighted try what I'm saying here.

Mario

Alternatively, you can just look ath the No Copyright category, which shows you all files without a copyright:

If you don't have the default Workflow categories in your IMatch database yet, you can import them via the Import & Export Panel from the file

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\Presets\workflow-en.imcsx
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RobiWan

Thank you John. I did not find it yesterday

Quote from: JohnZeman on December 17, 2017, 01:42:56 AM
Why you have Copyright and Copyrighted in your metadata I do not understand

There are 2 fields - the one tell who is copyright owner and the other tell is image copyrighted or not.