New feature intersting for Capture One users (and others):

Started by Mario, December 29, 2017, 03:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

The 2018.1 edition of IMatch includes a new feature for the Indexing process: You can now skip (ignore) folders based on one or more regular expressions.
This makes it super-easy to keep the CaptureOne sub-folders with the settings and cache files out of the IMatch database - you usually don't want to have them indexed.

The same feature can be applied for people dealing with video / audio editors or working with .git or similar tools which create rather huge folder hierarchies which should not be included in the DAM.

See the https://www.photools.com/release-notes/ for more info about the next version.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Sounds great!
Though I don't use C1 (partly because of the mess it creates on the disk!), this can be really useful in other scenarios too.

Nordlicht

That's a great news  :) :) :)  8) 8)

Great that you react so fast.

Matthias

Jingo

Quote from: Carlo Didier on December 29, 2017, 04:07:44 PM
Sounds great!
Though I don't use C1 (partly because of the mess it creates on the disk!), this can be really useful in other scenarios too.

Carlo - if you use a catalog in C1 - then all the COS/cot and other files are stored in the catalog database folder - not with each image.  So long as that is backed up by your backup software - the images themselves do not have these files stored along with them and thus there really isn't a mess on the disk.  These files thus do not appear in IM when imported.  I believe folks that use Sessions in C1 to avoid using a catalog run into problems with many sidecar files created per image... this should help those greatly.  Just thought I'd point that out... I personally love C1 but also wouldn't be thrilled if these files appeared in my Photo Disk structure.