Clean up database?

Started by er2joe, January 03, 2018, 04:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

er2joe

I found that I have several dozen corrupted pictures spread across my folders (all indexed in I-Match). Since I had so many, I wrote a program to identify those files and move them to a single directory, so I could later attempt to fix them (I found that they all seem to be concatenations of several pictures).

Now, after running that program, I have dozens of files that I-Match has marked off-line. This is understandable. I'm looking for a way to clean up my database by removing references to those off-line files. I do not have any files correctly marked off-line, so elimination of all off-line files is acceptable.

I'm open to suggestions on how to do this. Obviously, I could create a new database, but that seems like overkill for ~60 files out of 65K.

Joe

thrinn

QuoteObviously, I could create a new database, but that seems like overkill for ~60 files out of 65K
That is not necessary. Just rescan the folder(s) in question. IMatch will remove all files that have disappeared from the file system and are therefore marked as offline also from the database. If I remember correctly, there is also a chapter called File Management or similar in the help where this is explained in more detail.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

A simple rescan of the affected folders (folders you removed the files from) will remove the files from the database.

If you know the folders, this is quick to do.
If the folders are from all over your database you can quickly find the affected files via the "File Properties" filter in the Filter Panel.

- Select the Database node in the M&F View.
- Enable the "Hide off-line files" option in the File Properties filter and the Invert option.
- Now you see only off-line files in the file window, from your entire database.
- Select the ones you want to remove from your database and use the "Remove from Database" command from the context menu in the file window (Advanced Functions).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

er2joe

Aha. Man, its been too long since I read the manual. I tried to use the filter like you suggested, but it didn't work. I just now figured out that in addition to selecting Hide off-line files and Invert filter, I also have to select the checkbox on File Properties before the filter will work.

I'm all fixed up, now. Thanks!

Mario

Tip: The Filter Panel shows a blue banner wit the text "No filters active" right at the top when no filters are active.
This bar goes away when you have activated at least one filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook