organize data to match catagories

Started by Mark201, January 15, 2018, 02:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark201

I understand how to make the database and create categories.  Can i use iMatch to reorganize the pictures to match the categories? I want to be able to view the folder and pictures in Windows Explorer with the same categories I see in the database using iMatch.  Is this possible?

Mario

Actually, categories have been designed to allow you to use any number of 'virtual' organizations inside IMatch, without the need to reorganize your physical folder structure.
An image can be in any number of categories, without duplicating the actual image on disk. To do the same with folders would create multiple physical copies of the same file.

Of course you can use IMatch to reorganize your file system. For example:

1. You have a category named "flowers", which holds images from several physical folders.

+ In the Media & Folders View you create a new folder hierarchy., ending with a folder named flowers.
You can use the "Create Multiple Folders" command for that. It can create entire hierarchies, with any number of levels.

+ Switch to the flowers category, select all images with <Ctrl>+<A> and move them into the clipboard with <Ctrl>+<X>.

+ Switch to the flowers folder, click into the file window and press <Ctrl>+<V> to insert the files. This moves the files from whatever location to the flowers folder.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook