Hint needed how to identify raw files with XMP and/or IPTC records

Started by akirot, January 25, 2018, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akirot

My camera produces XMP and IPTC records in the raw files. I know how to handle that and remove them using exiftool. (I even created a respective favorite to call exiftool quickly.) Thus I have clean raw files and only the sidecars containing XMP records.
However, some files still including XMP and IPTC records have found their way into IMatch :-( . To identify these I have to use exiftool (or ECP) and check the raw files one by one directly.
I could imagine implementing a data driven category or customize the layout of the images in the file window to indicate whether a raw still contains XMP or IPTC records - but I don't have a clue which tag or information to use for identification.
Can anybody please give me a hint? Or is this impossible since IMatch (once a file is ingested) always works with the metadata according to the configuration and later cannot identify whether the raw contains XMP or IPTC records?

Mario

IMatch imports both legacy IPTC and XMP into the database by default.
The tag

IPTC::ApplicationRecord\0\ApplicationRecordVersion

has only content when an IPTC record exists. Easy to use this for a data-driven category or a filter.
This allows you to find files with embedded legacy IPTC quickly.

It's not so easy for XMP. IMatch maintains only one XMP record for an image, and this record is "produced" when Match ingests the file. The data in this record is created by mapping existing IPTC/EXIF/GPS and XMP data into one "super" record. The source image may have embedded XMP data or not, or it may have already a sidecar file.
This makes it impossible to tell if the image file has an embedded XMP record or not.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

akirot

Thank you for confirming - this has been my understanding too. Even if I don't like the answer it makes it clear ;-)

Mario

It should not be hard to figure this out with Exiftool and then direct the file names into a text file.
Then you can use this text file as input for the "File Finder" app in IMatch to find all matching files in your database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook