ExifTool command Processor - update?

Started by Aubrey, March 26, 2018, 01:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I've a fresh installation of IMatch on one of my laptops.
I notice small differences between the default presets of the ECP on laptop to that on my desktop
Usually
-charset
filename=UTF8

Is there an easy way to update the presets without doing cut'n'paste?
i.e. are they call contained in a file that I could copy between machines

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

When you install IMatch on a new system and the ECP finds no presets it creates some on-the-fly.
All your presets are, like any other IMatch setting, are stored in the central IMatch settings database, on a per-user basis (user name).
Did you copy your settings database to the PC where you installed IMatch?

See "Traveling with IMatch" and "IMatch Pack & Go" in the IMatch help for details on how to transfer your settings and other important data between computers.
There is also a topic that explains how the settings database works.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Mario,
I have not explained clearly. (I know about Pack and Go).

In the last version of IMatch, a clean restore on a laptop (as an aside, this laptop usually runs IMA) showed that there are differences between the default ECP commands on this laptop and my primary database on my desktop.

for example:

List metadata (on desktop)
-G1
-all
-a
{Files}

List metadata (on laptop)
-G1
-all
-a
-charset
filename=UTF8

{Files}

There are now additional 2 lines, indicated in red above. The default ECP commands have been enhanced in recent versions of IMatch.

I would like to incorporate the enhanced default commands into my main database. Is there a way to do this other than cut'n'paste?

I think from your explanation:
"All your presets are, like any other IMatch setting, are stored in the central IMatch settings database, on a per-user basis (user name)."

means that there is not.

Thank you.
Aubrey.

Mario

These two lines were added to the default preset a while ago (to force ET to use UTF-encoded file names). One of the continuous improvements and changes introduced with every update.
This has no impact on existing templates. You need to add these two lines manually if you work with non-ASCII/ANSI file names. And only then.
Such changes are usually noted and explained in the release notes for the corresponding version.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook