Imatch can not open my database anymore.

Started by emef, April 23, 2018, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emef

Hello everyone,
I have a problem, Imatch does not want to open my database. I launched it without opening a database and since it can not launch any database. If I try with Pack & Go ("restore" tab) it goes until the end of cer it is supposed to do but nothing changes: when I try to open a previously used database, the application runs for hours (I waited more than two hours) and if I click during that time, I just have Windows to close Imatch or wait for the application to respond. In the Windows task manager, Imatch does not appear in the "Applications" tab (Open_error.jpg), while in the "Process" tab I have two lines with "IMatch2017x64.exe". TIA.

Mario

IMatch produces a logfile when it runs. This will tell us what the problem is. Please ZIP and attach.

Have you rebooted your system once?
Does this change anything?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef

Hello Mario,
I have indeed rebooted the system since the appearance of the problem. It did not change anything.
IMatch frees for several minutes (typically over fifty minutes) before I stop it. Here is a screenshot where he tells me more than 208 hours to wait ... I'm not patient at this point. So I run the task manager and I stop at the hussar. I also attach one of the multiple copies of the log file.
I am really in the 36th under.   :-[

Mario

The status bar is telling us that IMatch is reading metadata from files. It is currently at 25%.
This means that it seems to have found an awful number of new or modified files and is now loading the metadata of these files.

200 hours is usually enough to import a million files. This looks like there is either a massive problem with the disk/media containing these files or (more likely) some sort of virus checker is severely interfering with IMatch.

1. You are loading the database from drive H:
What Kind of drive is this? A SSD? Your database should always be on your fastest disk.

2. Where are the files located?
3. Why so many files have changed?

The log file does not tell me much because it is not from the session where you took that screen shot.
The log file only shows IMatch starting up and covers only 6 seconds.
Note: You can always copy the log file from your temp folder (See: log file) even when IMatch is busy.
A log file from a session where IMatch is processing files would tell us at least what is taking so long., how many files are there to process etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef

Hello everyone,

1. Disk H: is a SSD of +/- 700 gigas, of which there remains a little more than 500 gigas of free. It includes, among others, programs (including IMatch), the IMatch database and some IMatch backups (alternatively with other discs).

2. The photos are on the E: disk, which is a traditional disk.

3.I have no idea, the problem came overnight.
But it is true that I went from Kaspersky Internet Security to Kaspersky Total Security at the same time. But I put IMatch and Exiftools into trusted applications, so I guess the antivirus problem is avoided?

My base has a little more than 26000 photos (+ xmp, I guess). Which does not seem to me huge. The disks have been verified by Windows and utilities specific to my SSDs.

But I noticed, when I open IMatch, in the dropdown menu "Database", it shows me two bases with the same name, I assume that these are the bases that I opened recently and not two bases that IMatch would open simultaneously?

Mario

Without a log file from a session where you encountered the problem it is impossible to help you further.
This would, for example, tell us, what takes how long and what IMatch is actually doing.
See my instructions above.

The Database menu lists the last recently opened databases. You can pick your database from there if you have disabled the automatic load of the last used database.
When IMatch rescans files, the "last modified" date & time of the file on disk is newer than the recorded information in the database.
Something seems to have changed all your files? And IMatch is right by rescanning them all.
But the performance of IMatch on your system seems to be sub-standard. 26,000 files is nothing. I create databases with twice as many files in ~ 30 minutes from scratch for testing purposes all the time.

I have no experience with Kaspersky products but virus checkers are known to cause all kinds of issues.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

emef

"I have no experience with Kaspersky products, but virus checkers are known to cause all kinds of problems."

I will try to close Kaspersky (and thus, disconnect me from the Net) before opening IMatch. But in this case, no help online, alas.   :-[

Mario

Does K not have a "disable" monitor which allows you to temporarily disable the monitoring of files/executables?
Why does your virus checker disable your Internet connection? Strange.

The IMatch help is available off-line. Just press <F1> and then search for log file in the Help Index tab on the left.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator