Sharing PTS file

Started by jch2103, April 28, 2018, 01:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

The IMatch Help notes that one can share a PTS file on a network to share among more than one computer. In my case, I use IMatch on a desktop and a laptop, but running different databases (no need to run main database on my laptop, which is primarily for travel). I've copied the IMatch .pts file to a shared folder (using SugarSync, which keeps the folder in sync).

Unfortunately, Windows assigned a different user name to my laptop when I set it up, although I'm using the same Microsoft account on both desktop and laptop. I've set Settings/Applications/User Name Alias to the user name on the desktop.

I'm trying to understand which settings that should be shared in this situation:

- Layouts. These seem to be shared between both desktop and laptop.

- Metadata templates. I've had to manually add the templates that I have on my desktop. Is this because I'm using a different database or something else?

- Thesaurus. Looks like I need to manually add the one I use on my desktop. Again, is this because of a different database or something else?

- Favorites. I assume this is kept on a per-computer basis.

Would changing my Window user name on my laptop help any of this?
John

Mario

MD templates, thesaurus, favorites are all "per-database" because they contain links to database contents.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

John