Is the thesaurus working correctly?

Started by JohnZeman, September 08, 2013, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnZeman

I don't know if this is a bug or something I'm not doing right, but my thesaurus seems to be doing something strange.  A few builds ago it used to be fine but now when I go to enter a value from my thesaurus in the metadata panel the thesaurus for every tag in all metadata fields is totally blank.  Yet when I edit the thesaurus everything is there.  Attached are a couple screen shots of what I see.  Using the Composite State tag this time as a test, in the first image you can see the states are in the thesaurus editor, but when I go to insert a state into the composite state tag in the metadata panel, the thesaurus is blank.  The second image shows one entry called "test state" that I put in and it seems to be stored in the thesaurus but "test state" is nowhere to be seen when I edit the thesaurus.

I've been out of town the last 24 hours and I'll be gone again all day tomorrow so I haven't had much time to double check what I'm doing here.  So at this point I'm mainly just asking other beta testers to see if the thesaurus is working correctly for them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jch2103

Is the language problem cropping up again? I see you've got the thesaurus language set to 'Neutral' but all the entries show '[en]'.
John

JohnZeman

Ah!  I think you nailed it John.  I did originally configure my thesaurus when I had the default language set to en before the build when Mario advised us to change the default language to Neutral.  I see now if I create a new thesaurus entry without a default language then that new entry does show up when I view the thesaurus in the metadata panel.

Ok good, no bug, just a situation.  Thanks.  ;D

JohnZeman

Yup, that was it.
I just exported one of my thesaurus en entries as text then re-imported it without a language defined and it shows right up in the metadata panel. ;D