Filter Panel - 5 star ratings

Started by JohnZeman, November 08, 2018, 03:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnZeman

For some reason that's eluding me I have been unable to get the filter panel to work for me when filtering for images with 5 star ratings in the latest update (2018.11.2).  Other filters seem to work but not for ratings.  I assume I'm missing something simple here in my configuration but can one of you check to see if it's working for you?

Thanks

jch2103

It's working OK on my laptop with small database (same IM version).
John

JohnZeman

Thanks John, I figured it was something on my end but I haven't been able to pinpoint just where my saved filter that used to work is going wrong.  I wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug before I dug into this too far.

Note to Mario, all of my database images are JPGs just in case that might be factor.

Mario

I've made a quick test and it seems to work.

I recommend to click the blue "reset" button in the Rating, Label & Collection filter once to reset it. The file window should now be empty.
Then click on 5 and if it works correctly, only files with rating 5 should be visible. This is how I tested it here.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

I tried that Mario but nothing changed.  So I ran database diagnostics which didn't report any errors, but now the filter is working as it should.

Sure had me scratching my head for a while though.

Thanks.

Mario

Let me know when it happens again, and under which circumstances.
Maybe restarting IMatch would have also solved it, in case something got stuck or...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

Restarting IMatch didn't solve the problem Mario because I reboot my computer every night and I still had the problem this morning.

I'll let you know if it happens again.