Viewer and Slideshow exit -> jump to the last activ view pic

Started by Gerd, September 14, 2013, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

Hi,

I'm not sure, if it has been asked before, otherwise close this post.

If I'm in the slideshow or viewer, moving through my pics forwards and backwards, to compare, to check, to find, then I want to be back in the file-window to the last viewed pic from the viewer/slideshow and not to the first, where I started the slideshow and not to the last, from the selection for the viewer ...

Regards
Gerd 

_______
Regards
Gerd

JohnZeman

I rarely use the slideshow so I'll have to pass on that but in the viewer

CTRL+G will jump to the current image while keeping the viewer open in the background.
And
ALT+CTRL+G exits the viewer and jumps to the last image selected in the viewer.

Gerd

Hi John,

thanks .... but why not simple via <Esc> or close ... ??? 

Reagrds
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

JohnZeman

ESC does close the viewer, the above keyboard shortcuts just give you ways to close the viewer like you want.

Gerd

Hi John,

again ... keep it simple!

If I'm using other programs e.g. FastStone, PS Bridge, LR and I'm there scrolling through my pics, found one and press <Esc>, then I'm exact at this pic and can continue ...

Why need I here in IM5 to remember such complex key-combinations? Better to have these key-combinations for non-standard-moves ...

These special key-commands should be available in the right-mouse-menu (context-menu) under "Close" or "Navigation" ...

Regards
Gerd

P.S. Ctrl + Alt +G brings me in the directory-view to the pic and shots me out of the collection-view, where I had opened the viewer ....
_______
Regards
Gerd

JohnZeman

Quote from: Gerd on September 14, 2013, 06:02:28 PMWhy need I here in IM5 to remember such complex key-combinations? Better to have these key-combinations for non-standard-moves ...

These special key-commands should be available in the right-mouse-menu (context-menu) under "Close" or "Navigation" ...

Now this I would like to see.  In the context menu instead of the regular Close command, to have a menu of close choices.  I'm like you Gerd, unless I'm using the viewer every day it's not likely that I'll remember all the keyboard shortcuts so a context menu list of close choices would be good in my opinion.

Mario

Made obsolete by the changes introduced lately. The viewer by default jumps to the last viewed image on close.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook