Remember last folder when using update folder

Started by Aubrey, January 15, 2019, 08:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

It would be nice to remember last folder, and be given this as an option when using the command:
Edit |Add Update Folders

Currently when one clicks browse, the option goes to the very top level. It would be better when one clicks browse that one is close to where one was working previously.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

You mean Command > Add & Update Folder? Or the similar command available as a button at the top of the Media & Folders View?
As far as I can tell, IMatch remembers the last folder used with this command. It also tells the folder browser dialog to select this folder. Which it does. But Windows does apparently not scroll to the selected folder in the tree, which is a known problem with this dialog, and no work-around is available (this dialog is not controlled by IMatch).

Update: I've had a quick look and the Add/Update Folder dialog used the built-in folder browser in the user interface toolkit. I have replaced it with my code, which uses newer Windows interfaces available on W7 SP1 and later. This works better and correctly scrolls to the last folder used with this command. Does this solve your request?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Quote from: Mario on January 15, 2019, 09:42:17 AM
Update: I've had a quick look and the Add/Update Folder dialog used the built-in folder browser in the user interface toolkit. I have replaced it with my code, which uses newer Windows interfaces available on W7 SP1 and later. This works better and correctly scrolls to the last folder used with this command. Does this solve your request?

Sounds like it solves my request.
A little detail, but if it's a simple change then it benefits all.
I'll check it out on next release.

Thank you,
Aubrey.

Aubrey

This change is working nicely.
Thank you.
Aubrey.