New install IMatch 2019 keeps crashing

Started by scottstone, January 18, 2019, 12:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottstone

I installed IMatch 2019 yesterday.  I built a little test database to play around with it (going back and forth between LR and IMatch).  The IMatch program just keeps on crashing.  I was wondering if anyone might take a peek at the attached log and advise me on how to proceed.  Many thanks.

Scott.

Mario

This log file looks normal.
It just contains a number of warnings from ExifTool about corrupted maker notes in the DNG file processed (which is unusual and generally not good).
The installed WIC codec also failed to process the DNG file and IMatch's internal routines could also not process it. Looks like a badly damaged file.

If IMatch crashes, an internal crash handler is triggered. It records the application state at the time of the crash and produces a so-called DUMP file from it.
See The Debug Dump File in the IMatch help for details.

Please locate this file on your computer and upload it to your cloud space. Send me a link to the file (include a link to this topic in your email) to my support email address.
If the DUMP file is not created, the crash happens 'outside' of IMatch, in something that is installed on your system and used by IMatch and/or Windows at the time the crash happened. Graphic driver. WIC codec. Other software running at the same time and causing problems.

Just in case:

Reboot your system and then re-install IMatch or use the 'repair' option offered by the Windows Add/Remove software utility in the Windows Control Panel.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook