Field drop down research

Started by Lincon, May 24, 2019, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincon

Hello everyone,,
since the introduction of the new "search field drop down" i am using it a lot  ;D Thanks!
I just sometimes get confused, by how the icons are highlighted in the drop down.

When "Keywords" and "File Names" are selected and i then select "frequently used tags", then "Keywords" and "File Names" are automatically unselected --> correct
Wouldn't it be logical if the same happens, when i select "search everywhere"?

In 2019.1.2 i can have "frequently used tags" and "search everywhere" selected at the same time.
I would expect that "frequently used tags" gets unselected when i select "search everywhere".

Mario

The search everywhere is consider a temporary override. It retains your current settings. When you switch it off, your previous settings become active again.

Users fall back to search everywhere when they don't get results with their typical search parameters, and wonder if there is some other data element that contains the search term.
This should not reset all search settings.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Lincon

Quote from: Lincon on May 24, 2019, 02:28:48 PM
Hello everyone,,
since the introduction of the new "search field drop down" i am using it a lot  ;D Thanks!
I just sometimes get confused, by how the icons are highlighted in the drop down.

When "Keywords" xvideos.onl/ xnxx.onl/  chaturbate.onl/ and "File Names" are selected and i then select "frequently used tags", then "Keywords" and "File Names" are automatically unselected --> correct
Wouldn't it be logical if the same happens, when i select "search everywhere"?

In 2019.1.2 i can have "frequently used tags" and "search everywhere" selected at the same time.
I would expect that "frequently used tags" gets unselected when i select "search everywhere".

Thank you my issue has been solved,...