Splash Screen

Started by stephock, June 01, 2019, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephock

I just want to know whether this happens to other people...

The splash screen flashes up and stays visible for about a second: not enough time to read anything, but enough time to be annoying.

Is there a way of keeping the splash screen visible for longer, or of turning it off completely?

Just asking.

Mario

I assume you mean the spash screen displayed by IMatch while it loads?

The screen is opened when IMatch starts up and is closed when IMatch has finished loading.
On some systems some background tasks, Window managers or other apps running interfere with that and put the splash screen behind other Windows. Rare, but can happen. Too many different Windows installations with too much clutter out there. Not worth to try to overcome this.

If this is an issue for you, try to close all other apps before you start IMatch, or use Windows+D to show only the desktop before starting IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stephock

Hi Mario.

I only run from the desktop with no other windows open.

And there it is - for one second and then it closes. I then have a 5 second wait (looking at an empty desktop) before the intro screen (with the options) comes up and the database starts to load.

It's not an issue at all. I'd just like to read what it says sometime...

Thanks for your reply.